(214) 522-4243

How should a litigant calculate the amount of bond or cash deposit required to supersede a judgment?

The bond or cash deposit must be in an amount equal to or greater than “the sum of compensatory damages awarded in the judgment, interest for the estimated duration of the appeal, and costs awarded in the judgment.” See Texas Rule of Appellate Procedure 24.2(a)(1). When the judgment is for something other than money, the trial court judge must rule on how the judgment can be superseded. See Texas Rule of Appellate Procedure 24.2(a)(2, 3).

Back to Frequently Asked Questions